Answers Splash Image

Articles for Staff

How can I gain access to certain applications?

Your supervisor can request access to specific programs. Please have them contact InfoTech at 254-295-4658 to make the appropriate request.

How can I get a longer network cable?

Please contact InfoTech for assistance at 254-295-4658.

How can I get an additional computer?

If you want an additional computer for your office, contact us and we can give you a quote. You can e-mail us at or contact us by phone at (254) 295-4658. 

How can I get computer speakers?

Computer speakers are available for purchase to faculty and staff for University-owned equipment. Speakers are not sold to students. For purchase, please stop by IT or call for more information at 254-295-4658.

How can I look up my budget information?

If you have been granted access to view budget information you should have a Employee Info tab. Click the ‘Lookup Account Info’ link. If you know the full account number enter it in the Begin Acct # box and for a range of account

How do I change the ink cartridge?

The process of changing out an ink cartridge may vary from printer to printer. Please refer to any instruction manual that came with your printer for instructions on how to change the ink on your particular model. You can also go to your printer's

How do I check for updates?

Your computer should automatically check for Windows Updates based on the internal schedule your computer runs on. To manually check for Windows Updates, Click Start>All Programs>Windows Update.   Click “Check for updates” on the left

How do I connect to the Internet?

If your device has both a WIRED and a WIRELESS connection, you will need to register BOTH connections separately.  You will be asked to register your device the first time you connect to a wired connection AND the first time you connect to a

How do I create a shortcut?

There are multiple ways to create a new shortcut.   Right click on the desktop and click new>shortcut. Browse to find the program you wish to create a shortcut to     Another way is to find your program from the Start Menu>

How do I do a screenshot?

There are a few simple yet different ways to take a screenshot. For Windows: Snipping Tool Windows Vista and later computers come pre-equipped with a handy little program called "Snipping Tool." To get started, simply locate this by searching

How do I lock my computer?

You can hold down the Window Key + L to lock the computer OR hold down the CRTL+ALT+Delete keys and select Lock this Computer.

How do I manually feed paper?

If your printer is asking for you to manually feed the paper to it, open the indicated tray and place a stack of computer paper. Close the tray, and press OK. The printer should now continue on its own.   Still need assistance? 

How do I post a campus wide announcement?

Campus-Wide Announcements allows users to upload their announcements for inclusion on various distribution channels. These channels include: myCampus Slider Calendar Page (primarily for events with a broader audience) Campus Cable - Channel 4

How do I remove a virus?

There should be a green shield in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. This is Microsoft Security Essentials. Double click the shield Choose "Full" Click "Scan Now" If it finds any infections in your computer you will be given the option to