If your device has both a WIRED and a WIRELESS connection, you will need to register BOTH connections separately. You will be asked to register your device the first time you connect to a wired connection AND the first time you connect to a wireless connection.
How to Connect to UMHB's Wireless or Wired Network
The UMHB CruNet wireless network is only minimally secured and is designed for casual usage.
Connecting to the wired and wireless network:
For WIRED Connections - connect your device to the wired network and follow steps 2-7
- Select "CruNet" from your list of available wireless networks.
You may see this icon once connected. This is normal.
- Once connected, open your internet browser.
- Register your device using your CruNet ID and Password.
- Read the "Acceptable Use Policy."
- Check "I accept the terms" and then click "Login."
- The program will automatically configure your device to connect.
- Once the tool closes, you should be connected to the UMHB CruNet. No further action is required.
PLEASE NOTE: When the gray progress bar disappears, you will be redirected to the website you requested when you opened your browser. If not, restart your computer.
No web browser?
For devices that do not have a web browser, please emaiil Information Technology at email@example.com with the following information:
- Student name and CruNet ID
- Device type (Xbox, etc)
- MAC address of the device (More info on how to find your MAC address)